Body pains become common as people age. However, it can plague even the young ones if they have poor posture and if they live an inactive lifestyle. That’s because the lack of consistent movement and exercise can weaken their muscles over time.
For instance, tight hip flexors are usually the culprit when people complain of hip and lower back pains. The term “hip flexors” refer to a muscle group that controls movement in your hips and lower body.
If your hip flexor muscles remain tight, it will not only cause pain and stiffness, but it can also affect your everyday life as a whole.
This is why Rick Kaselj and Mike Westerdal teamed up. They wanted to help people solve this problem and improve their range of movement. In this review, we’re going to discuss how their product, Unlock Your Hip Flexors, can help fix the most common hip-related issues.
Problems Stemming from Tight Hip Flexors
To have tight tips means to feel some tension around your hip flexors. This muscle group allows you to bend your body at the waist and move your legs in various directions.
Listed below are the main hip flexor muscles:
- Iliacus and psoas major (collectively known as iliopsoas)
- Tensor fasciae latae
- Rectus femoris
Why Hip Flexors Get Tight
Many people get tight hips because they sit for long periods of time. This is made worse by having a sedentary lifestyle right after work. Prolonged sitting typically leads to muscle deactivation and shortening. Other reasons for tight hips include:
- Bad posture
- Weak core
- Tipped pelvis
- Sleeping only on one side of the body
- Different leg lengths
Notable Symptoms of Tight Hip Flexors
The most telling sign that your hip flexors are tight is when you try to stretch them and you really can’t move them that much. Since this is a muscle system, it can also translate to other areas. Here’s what you need to look out for:
- Neck pain and tightness
- Glute pains
- Difficulty straightening your body
- Lower back pains, aches, and tightness, especially when you’re standing
If you’re looking for an effective solution, you can give Unlock Your Hip Flexors a look. It provides details on how you can improve your current hip situation and have better control over it.
Rick Kaselj and Mike Westerdal: Who Are They?
Unlock Your Hip Flexors 2.0 was created by Rick Kaselj and Mike Westerdal. They both believe that physical fitness and regular exercise are keys to better health. Hence, they collaborated for a product that would help people eliminate one of the main sources of their body pains: weak and tight hips.
Rick Kaselj is the CEO and founder of Exercises for Injuries. He graduated from Simon Fraser University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology. He then completed his graduate studies in California University of Pennsylvania, where he got his Master’s Degree in Exercise Science.
Through the years, Rick has worked with many people who suffered from various injuries. Some of the cases that he encountered include sports injuries, work injuries, and automobile accidents. His therapy services have been employed at local gyms, clients’ homes, and rehabilitation centers.
Before Exercises for Injuries came about, he also worked on Healing Through Movement. Because of his passion for helping patients heal from injuries, he collaborated with Mike Westerdal for a program that minimizes hip pains and allows people to move with ease.
Mike Westerdal is the brains behind the strengthening aspects of this program. He owns the website Critical Bench, which is a popular resource for weight lifters. He graduated from Central Connecticut State University where he was part of a D-IAA football team.
After college, he became a certified personal trainer and a contributing writer for magazines like Monster Muscle, REPS!, and Powerlifting USA. He has also competed at APA, AAPF, and APF federations as an amateur bench presser.
As someone who knows the importance of having the muscles work in synergy, Mike worked on programs that can minimize one’s risk for injuries. Thus, one of the reasons why Unlock Your Hip Flexors 2.0 was created was because he wanted people to have better form when they exercise.
What Do You Get from the Program?
Unlock Your Hip Flexors 2.0 is an online hip strengthening program that focuses on managing and overcoming hip problems, particularly ones involving the hinge joints. The exercises highlight the most important muscle groups that contribute to the proper functioning of your hip flexors.
As you go through the program, you’ll learn about the various exercise combinations that optimize the flexibility and range of motion of your hips. Ultimately, this will not only make your hips stronger, but it will also positively affect how other parts of your body handle physical stresses.
Best of all, it doesn’t only help you deal with hip problems alone. The program is holistic because it underscores the importance of hip strength with other aspects of your life. For example, it discusses how strong hip flexors minimize stress and improve libido.
The Main Guide
Upon purchasing the program, you’ll get a 63-page manual and a video guide that contains the following:
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation: More popularly known as PNF, this section teaches you how to relax the muscles surrounding your joints.
- Dynamic Stretching: Here, you’ll discover how to properly warm up your muscles before you perform the exercises.
- Mobility Exercises: This part teaches you various movements that will improve your joint and body flexibility.
- Core Stability Exercises: A strong core is the key to performing certain movements with relative ease. That’s because the core is what holds the entire body together. Here, you’ll learn how to strengthen your core to reduce unnecessary pressures on your hips and lower back.
- Fascia Stretches: Fascia are tissues deep within the body. They affect spinal coordination and flexibility. This part teaches you how to lengthen those muscles so you’ll have an easier time relaxing your body.
- Muscle Activation Movements: These days, many small muscle groups in your body tend to be neglected because of modern lifestyle. In this section, you’ll learn how to activate them so that they can properly support your larger muscles.
To fully appreciate the power of strong hip flexors, Rick and Mike also provided two notable bonuses that we have quickly reviewed:
- Unlock Your Tight Hamstrings ($29 value): The hamstrings are the muscles at the back of your thighs. Tight hamstrings, just like tight hip flexors, makes them more vulnerable to tearing and injuries. This bonus shows how you can improve your posture so that it can ultimately solve issues with your hamstrings, hips, pelvis, and lower back.
- The Ultimate 7-Day Anti-inflammatory Diet ($17 value): A looser and stronger set of hip flexors can help you move with more flexibility and power. The program boosts your results further through this bonus. That’s because a more holistic diet can help relieve body pains, thereby aiding in faster recoveries between workouts.
Who Does It Help?
This program is recommended for anyone who wishes to improve their overall strength and flexibility. Much of our body’s movements rely on how strong and stable our core and our legs are. Even if you aren’t exactly an athlete, as an average Joe or Jane you will still be able to reap the benefits of loose hip flexors.
What Are Its Strong Points?
The program does a good job of delivering its promise. Not only is the manual easy to understand, but the exercises on the videos are also easy to perform. It’s definitely good for beginners — even for those whose hips have gotten so tight over the years.
Best of all, it doesn’t take much of your time to get your workout rolling. In fact, you only need to set aside 10 minutes of your time each day to get significant results!
Is It a Scam?
No, this program isn’t a scam. According to reviews, it’s one of the most effective resources on the topic. You simply need to be consistent to see significant improvements.
Is It Worth Getting?
The regular price of Unlock Your Hip Flexors is $50. However, customers who buy from their official website can get the entire program plus all its bonuses for just $10. For something that’s packed with the best hip-related health information, you’ll certainly get a lot of value for what you paid for.
It’s worth noting that if you’re already a relatively active person, this program may not present anything new to you. But if you’re coming into this with zero knowledge, this could be a good starting point.
Final Thoughts on Unlock Your Hip Flexors
Tight hip flexors can cause all sorts of physical issues. If you’ve never really paid any attention to your hips before, you may be forced to do so now because of how it limits your flexibility.
For those who want a comprehensive program that neatly lays down the basics regarding hip health, Unlock Your Hip Flexors does the job pretty well.
However, if you have been a long-time strength training enthusiast, there’s a chance that you already know the concepts discussed here. Thus, this may be better suited for complete beginners, though it still stands as a good reference for everyone else.